Enhance Your Quality of Life with Body Alignment
The strength of a building depends on how strong the foundation is, followed by the pillars on which it stands. Our feet and core play the same role in our body. Stable feet and core are essential for proper body alignment. While certain habits help in body realignment, corrective chiropractic care can significantly help!
To hammer down the importance of chiropractic care, it is essential to learn the science behind chiropractic manipulations. Chiropractors are trained to provide controlled pressure to the joints of your spine in a way that releases pressure off the joints. They provide side posture lumber adjustment that increases the gap of the spine's zygapophyseal ‘Z’ joints. This increases the range of motion and slows down the degenerative changes of the spine. Corrective chiropractic care is one of the best alternative treatments for hypomobile (stiffened) joints.
What to Expect at Your First Chiropractic Session?
When you visit a chiropractor for the first time, they will conduct a thorough examination in order to determine the cause of your pain or discomfort. This may include taking a medical history, performing a physical exam, and ordering imaging tests such as X-rays or MRI.
Once they clearly understand your condition, the chiropractor will develop a treatment plan. The plan may involve gentle manipulation of the spine to realign the body and relieve pressure on the nerves. With proper care, most people experience significant improvements in their symptoms within a few weeks.
Orthotics and Body Realignment
Ensuring good foot and ankle health is also crucial for body alignment. Poor foot posture and conditions like flat feet are associated with lower back pain. Some conditions that may hurt your foot posture include plantar fasciitis, bunions, or metatarsalgia.
PowerStep Orthotic Insoles offer arch support that helps align the foot and correct foot posture. Depending on how much support your foot needs, the PowerStep Pinnacle Maxx offers the maximum amount of support and alignment to help relieve and prevent pain associated with improper alignment. When combined with chiropractic sessions, orthotics can reduce your back pain and enhance your quality of life.
1. Christiansen TL, Niazi IK, Holt K, et al. The effects of a single session of spinal manipulation on strength and cortical drive in athletes. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2018;118(4):737-749. doi:10.1007/s00421-018-3799-x https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/
2. Vining R, Long CR, Minkalis A, et al. Effects of Chiropractic Care on Strength, Balance, and Endurance in Active-Duty U.S. Military Personnel with Low Back Pain: A Randomized Controlled Trial. J Altern Complement Med. 2020;26(7):592-601. doi:10.1089/acm.2020.0107 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/
3. Cramer GD, Ross K, Pocius J, et al. Evaluating the relationship among cavitation, zygapophyseal joint gapping, and spinal manipulation: an exploratory case series. J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2011;34(1):2-14. doi:10.1016/j.jmpt.2010.11.008 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/
4. Almutairi AF, BaniMustafa A, Bin Saidan T, Alhizam S, Salam M. The Prevalence and Factors Associated with Low Back Pain Among People with Flat Feet. Int J Gen Med. 2021;14:3677-3685. Published 2021 Jul 20. doi:10.2147/IJGM.S321653
5. Zhang J. Chiropractic adjustments and orthotics reduced symptoms for standing workers. J Chiropr Med. 2005;4(4):177-181. doi:10.1016/S0899-3467(07)60148-7