Top 5 Benefits of Daily Walks
Day in and day out, we constantly search for the easy way out of something. What if we tell you an easy way to stay fit? Daily walking. No, seriously, a 30 minute walk five times a week can help you to lose weight, improve your BMI, and even reduce cholesterol levels in your blood. Daily walking, however, has one downside - pain and fatigue in the feet and legs. Fortunately, we have a solution, PowerStep Pinnacle Memory Foam Insoles are great for keeping your feet and legs cozy and comfy.
In this post, we will talk about some key health benefits of a daily walk and how PowerStep orthotics can help you maximize the number of daily steps on your smartwatch.
Benefits of Daily Walks
As mentioned earlier, walking is one of the simplest and easiest forms of exercise, that has a low impact and doesn’t require any equipment. Taking a 30-minute walk every day has countless health benefits, including reducing your risk of chronic diseases, improving your mental health and memory, and even helping you to live longer. Below are five more specific benefits of walking daily.
- Cardiovascular Health - Walking is considered a steady-state cardio exercise. Those who walk regularly have a lower risk of heart disease than those who don't exercise at all. Walking is also helpful in lowering your blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Prevent Diabetes - Many studies show walking can also help reduce your risk of developing type 2 diabetes. Walking helps to regulate blood sugar levels and improves insulin sensitivity.
- Improved Brain Function - Memory and brain function also improve with daily walks. Walking helps increase the production of new brain cells in the hippocampus, which is the part of the brain responsible for memory. Walking also increases blood flow to the brain and lowers the risk of developing dementia.
- Mental Health Benefits - Walking is a relaxing activity. It leaves you with a lot of room for thinking and meditating. Walking with your family, or a friend, is a great way to talk the stress out of your brain.
- Price - In addition to all these wonderful health benefits, walking is also free! You don't need any special equipment or a gym membership to walk – just a pair of shoes (with memory foam insoles for added comfort).
PowerStep is your one-stop-shop for adding comfort and support to your footwear. Whether the goal is to make your shoes comfortable, or to add arch support, we have the solution. PowerStep offers walking shoe inserts, that combine comfort and arch support. Our product is designed and clinically tested to have shown improvements in foot and lower limb health. Ready to get healthy in the easiest and comfiest way possible? Go ahead and add a 30-minute walk to your daily routine and a PowerStep Pinnacle Memory Foam Insoles to your shoes and you are all set!