PowerStep High Air Walker | 17" Tall, Post-Operative Lower Leg Support
- The 17” tall PowerStep® High Air Walker provides support and comfort following trauma or post-operative procedures; Used for acute ankle sprains, injuries of the lower leg, and for greater leg immobilization
- Adjustable air bladders provide a better fit and increase stability while decreasing pain and swelling
- Lightweight, sturdy design with anatomically shaped uprights for a better fit
- Rocker bottom sole offers shock absorption for reduced impact at heel strike and allows for easier ambulation while limiting painful joint motion
- Hook and loop adjustable straps offer a secure fit and easy adjustment for swelling or bandages
The PowerStep High Air Walker provides immobilization for patients experiencing grade 2 & 3 ankle sprains and strains, stable fractures, or soft tissue trauma.
With an upright height of 17 inches, the PowerStep High Air Walker offers protection of the post-operative ankle and support during ankle rehabilitation. This pneumatic walker includes an air bladder to increase stability while decreasing pain and swelling. The lightweight, sturdy design features a rocker bottom, providing a comfortable, natural gait during regular day activities.
- Interlayer: PU foam; Cover Surface: Nylon
- Strut (Upright): 17" tall, nylon
- Foot Shell: Nylon and fiberglass; Ring: Nylon
- Sole: Rubber and EVA; Footbed: EVA; Pads: PU foam
- Sizing: Fits right or left foot, available in 4 sizes ranging from Men's US shoe sizes 4.5-12.5+, and Women's US shoe sizes 6-13.5+
- Packaging Contains: 1 walker
Proper Care: Hand wash liners using mild soap, rinse thoroughly. Air dry. Note: If not rinsed thoroughly, residual soap may cause irritation and deteriorate material.
HCPCS Assigned Code: L4361
- Apply sock to the foot requiring the use of the walker.
- Open all medical-grade hook and loop closures, and open walker lining.
- Slide the foot into the walker inner lining, ensuring that the heel is properly positioned to the back of the walker and the foot is resting comfortably on the bottom.
- Securely close the inner lining snugly around the foot and shin. Additional padding is provided to help fill loose gaps to provide a snug fit. If needed, position additional padding inside the inner liner before closing. Once the foot is properly positioned in the walker during the first application, pull up on the red tabs to permanently adhere the inner lining to the exterior plastic support shell.
- Starting at the toe area, tightly fasten the hook and loop straps on the walker. The walker should provide a snug, comfortable support without allowing the foot to slide around or the heel to lift. If there is too much movement in the walker, re-tighten straps for a snug fit.
- To use the inner air bladder, turn the dial on the front of the walker to “inflate”, and gently squeeze the air bulb until you feel adequate pressure and support. When removing the air walker, be sure to “deflate” the walker first by turning the front dial counterclockwise.
WARNING: Always consult a medical professional when experiencing persistent pain, discomfort, or swelling. Use caution and wear only under medical supervision if you have poor circulation.
- This product has been designed and tested based on single patient usage and is not recommended for multiple patient usage.
- If skin irritations of any kind develop, consult a medical professional immediately.
- Be sure the patient performs circulation checks. If a loss of circulation is felt, or if the walker feels too tight, release contact closure straps and adjust to a comfortable level. If discomfort continues, the patient should contact their medical professional immediately.
- Extra caution and attention to patient is needed when prescribed to patients with diabetes, vascular deficiencies and neuropathies.
- Do not remove the inner foam pads which are adhered to the plastic walker.