Relieve Ball of Foot Pain with PowerStep Pinnacle Plus Insoles and Inserts for Morton’s Neuroma
Have you felt like you’ve been walking on a pebble that’s stuck in your shoe with continuous pain in the ball of your foot? If so, this is Morton’s Neuroma or commonly known as ball of foot inflammation. Morton’s Neuroma is a condition where the tissue that surrounds the aggravated nerve leading to the toes thickens. Linked to the wearing of ill fitting high-heel shoes. Most people are able to relieve this type of ball of foot pain by switching to more comfortable, low-heel shoes and leveraging insoles for Morton’s Neuroma.
Common Symptoms of Morton’s Neuroma
- Burning pain in the ball of your foot. Oftentimes, this pain can also be felt in your toes.
- Tingling sensation or numbness in your toes.
- Feeling like you’re walking on a stone or pebble that’s lodged in your sock or shoe.
Common Causes of Morton’s Neuroma
Anything that causes irritation, injury, or incredible pressure to the nerves leading to your toes.
- One of the most likely causes is wearing high-heeled shoes that press the toes into the toe box and put pressure on the heel. This is why Morton’s Neuroma is more common in women than men.
- Sports like running, skiing, or climbing can put pressure on your toes if wearing tight shoes.
- Those with foot deformities like bunions, foot arches, and flat feet are at more risk of developing a neuroma.
Morton’s Neuroma Treatment Plan
Relief typically begins with nonsurgical means, such as:
- Switching out high-heeled and tight shoes for wider, more comfortable footwear with a lower heel and soft sole. This can help reduce the pressure on the irritated nerve.
- Adding arch supports or insoles with a metatarsal pad to your shoes can also help reduce pressure and irritation.
- Injections of corticosteroid medication can also relieve some of the pain and swelling.
Surgeries like decompression surgery or removal of the nerve completely are also treatment options if there is no response to the nonsurgical treatments.
Ball of Foot Pain Solutions
- Pinnacle Plus: Spread and cushion the metatarsal heads to help alleviate pain from Morton’s Neuroma. This full-length insole provides the ideal blend of foot control, flexibility and cushioning. The built-in arch support and heel cradle offers stability and motion control.
- UltraFlexx Foot Rocker: Stretch and strengthen muscles, ligaments and tendons of the foot and lower leg to increase flexibility and strength to help prevent and treat injuries. Foot rocker provides a deep stretch to effectively relieve common heel, foot, calf and leg pain.
- Pulse Plus: Built-in foot arch support and heel cradle for motion control. These orthotics provide a double layer, shock absorbing cushioning for enhanced comfort. Specifically designed to relieve Morton's Neuroma in running shoes.
- Removable Metatarsal Pad: Powerstep’s Metatarsal Pads transfer weight away from the metatarsal bones to relieve pinched nerves.